An outpatient treatment program is used to address depression, addiction, eating disorders, and many other conditions. An outpatient treatment program is a type of program that is ideal for those who do not require detoxification support in a medical setting or around-the-clock care but still need professional support to recover. It is an affordable option for patients who have support from friends, family, or their communities. At United Recovery California, we want to help you find the right outpatient luxury treatment program for yourself or a loved one.
What Is an Outpatient Treatment Program?
An outpatient treatment program is a treatment program offered several hours a day without overnights. Clients in this type of program live at home but commute to therapy, drug and alcohol detox, medications, and other treatment services. An outpatient treatment program delivers the same high-quality treatment as a standard residential program at a substance abuse treatment center but in a condensed format, and it is built around the individual’s schedule. The flexibility of an outpatient program means clients can still meet their family obligations, professional commitments, or school responsibilities with little to no disruption of their schedule. It also allows for private, discreet treatment minimizing the disruption of one’s everyday life but still delivering the necessary care to heal.
What Are the 5 Benefits of an Outpatient Program?
There are several benefits to selecting an outpatient treatment program over an inpatient rehab program. An outpatient program has five major benefits compared to other kinds. These include:
- Providing flexible care hours for clients with outside responsibilities: The first benefit of outpatient programs is that they offer more flexibility. They provide flexible care hours for those who need to take care of outside responsibilities. For example, someone who works an afternoon shift from 3:00 p.m. to midnight might be able to receive outpatient support before or after work so that they don’t have to take time off.
- Reduced costs: Another benefit of an outpatient program is that it’s cheaper than an inpatient program. Inpatient programs require around-the-clock care, more medical monitoring, specialized staff, and housing, so there are more costs to consider.
- The ability to keep family involved: Another major benefit of an outpatient program is that families and friends can stay involved. The individual receiving treatment returns home daily and can stay in touch with those who care about them and who they care about. They may all choose to work through this program together during family or group therapy sessions.
- Privacy: Since people who go through an outpatient program don’t have to stay at the facility, they have better privacy. They don’t have to stop going to work or school, which would create a situation where they have to reason for an extended absence. This means that they can come and go as they please and have more privacy while seeking attention for a substance use disorder or other concern.
- Building community while receiving treatment: Finally, a great reason to attend outpatient treatment is to meet others going through similar issues. A good outpatient program offers group therapy, group outings, and other program options that allow people working on their health to meet with one another and build a strong support system. That way, even if they don’t have support at home, they have it when they’re at the program and within their community.
Contact United Recovery California for Help Finding an Outpatient Program
At United Recovery California, we believe that everyone deserves an opportunity to overcome challenges in their life. Our team is here to provide the support needed to get help with substance use disorders and other conditions, so you or someone you love can start feeling better. Our luxury treatment programs are here to help and include: